Finished something new!
This skirt was based on a photo I saw somewhere on the internet (that for some reason I can no longer find) but the original version was super-plain, dark purple and black/grey herringbone. Of course, I put my own crazy bright color spin on it.
I'm really not sure how I feel about the back. I think in the next version of it, it might be a good idea to NOT have the overhang in the back. You might be able to see that it's a completely separate piece though I did tack it down where the buttons are as well as on the corners of the back piece.
I had to have this house print! I found it at Joann Fabrics in the quilting section. For some reason, I didn't look in their quilting fabrics for the longest time but there are in fact a bunch of really cute novelty prints.
This was also the first time I have done a kick pleat in the back of a skirt! It was surprisingly easy. I worked my way through it from a tutorial on Threads.
I will be listing this for custom ordering soon on Etsy!